The Association is looking for an Honorary Membership Secretary. If interested please contact Tom Gough (email@example.com).
Role and Responsibilities
- Receive and progress membership applications.
- Manage the Association’s subscription renewal process.
- Write to members as required.
- Maintain current membership lists.
- To attend Committee meetings and provide reports.
- Produce documentation as necessary to invite subscription renewals annually from members.
- Maintain an up-to- date list of all Association members, recording status in respect of subscription, contact details and personal information as on the application form.
- To liaise with any member who opts not to renew, in order to understand why and to identify any significant trends in changing membership. To report these to the
- Committee as appropriate and recommend any actions which should be considered.
- Liaise with the Treasurer over current membership numbers and jointly develop proposals for annual renewal rates if required.
- Within the confines of the Data Protection Act, provide the Committee and Officers with any data held on the membership data base.
- Computer literate, knowledge of mail merge with experience of administering simple databases such as Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively by email or conventional letter.
- Good organisational skills, ability to adhere to deadlines.
The Association launched an appeal in 2017 via our Choir Trust, which is a registered charity, to raise funds to assist with the finance the installation of recording equipment in the Quire and the Nave of Rochester Cathedral to enable choral services to be broadcast on the Internet. We are liaising with the Dean and Chapter in accordance with their five year strategic plan. The Committee has therefore agreed to continue with our fundraising efforts and will support the Cathedral financially in respect of improving the sound system capabilities when requested to do so. A fund has been set up at STEWARDSHIP and you can contribute online by credit or debit card either for a one off gift or several small pledge payments. You can access the STEWARDSHIP website at http://www.give.net/20214100 . STEWARDSHIP will reclaim 25% in Gift Aid for us (less a small administration fee). Alternatively, cheques are always welcome and should be in favour of Rochester Cathedral Old Choristers’ Association and marked on the reverse ‘Appeal’ and should be sent to the Secretary. Further donations will be gratefully received.
Congratulations to current Cathedral Deputy Head Chorister Edward Hyde and former Cathedral Head Chorister Rupert Walker on reaching the final of the BBC Radio 2 Young Chorister of the Year Competition.
This is a National Competition with Choristers being auditioned from the length and breadth of the Country. Only four boys are selected for the final and it is therefore a wonderful achievement that 50% of those were from King’s Rochester (the other two finalists were from Canterbury Cathedral).
The competition was won by Edward Hyde at the final held in Manchester Cathedral on October 24th 2016.
I’m pleased to present (after some hard and diligent work by one of our old choristers – James Strike) the 12th edition of Choristers of Rochester Cathedral. This book contains the names and dates of all Choristers from 1679 to 2015 as well as some interesting information about cathedral music in Rochester over the years. The book has also been updated to include all Girl Choristers.
This professionally printed and published book can be purchased via me for £5 (plus postage if you’d like it posted).
Drop a line on our contact us page if you’d like one.