Organisations are required to have a policy on why members’ personal information is collected, how it is used and stored. The purpose of this policy is to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and UK Data Protection Act.
2. Why do we collect your personal information?
- To record a list of members and manage subscription payments.
- To communicate information on the Annual General Meeting and Dinner, special events and other matters of interest to members. To generate statistics and analyses of membership.
3. What information do we hold?
Title, member’s names, postal address, telephone number, email address, gender and dates in choir.
4. Who uses this data?
- The Secretary, Membership Secretary, Treasurer, Chairman and Committee members
- The Data Controller is the Secretary
- The Data Processors are the Secretary, Membership Secretary and Treasurer
5. Where is this information stored?
Electronic spreadsheets and paper records held by the Secretary, Membership Secretary and Treasurer. These officers will keep members’ contact details confidential and not share them with third parties without the permission of the individuals.
6. Types of data
- Electronic spread sheets with members’ contact details
- Emails & correspondence
7. Consent for data collection & storage
All members of the Association are asked for their personal details and for their consent to store this information.
8. Retention of Personal Information
Members’ personal information will be stored even if they do not renew their membership to enable year on year membership analysis to be undertaken and to assist in the Association’s management unless specific instructions to delete are received either by email or post.
9. Rights of individuals
The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals:
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object.